I had some late rhubarb to use up, so found this and made the recipe. They were wonderful. But then peaches came ripe, and I wondered…
Wonder no more. These are amazing.
- Make it with 1.5 cups of peaches cut up small, instead of rhubarb.
- If you pour boiling water over ripe peaches, leave them submerged for a few minutes, then rinse with cold water, the skins will come right off, often in one piece. Makes them a snap to slice up.
- Be generous with the cinnamon and vanilla.
- I use yogurt instead of sour cream, just because it’s on hand.
- Don’t bother with the topping. (The recipe can use it for rhubarb since it’s not real sweet, but peaches don’t need it.)
- If you make them big with shoulders, you’ll get a dozen from this.