Got time on my hands, got tea, feeling pensive. And so, we steal from Sherry…
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Started living alone. Procured my own pet. Put up my own Christmas tree.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make them. Got some plans for this coming year. We’ll see how it goes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Everyone? 🙂 My brother and his girlfriend: one niece, a couple friends (so far), former co-workers, my cousin…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Angela and I weren’t close, but it still knocked me for a loop. No family this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just my own. Planning to rectify that in 2008.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A job I love. A dog (not likely). A smaller size of jeans that fit.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving in with myself and liking it. Buying my first new car (with my Philly lawyer, of course).
9. What was your biggest failure?
Keeping my job? 🙂 Tried dating briefly. Convinced me I certainly don’t want to be doing THAT.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Having a new car rocks. So does having furnishings, which enable one to entertain.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My brother and his girlfriend. Violet and Coffee.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Anything/one to do with American politics, for the most part.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Car and furniture.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Cadence. Getting re-employed.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2007?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder? Not sadder, but there’s no high following a very long and deep low this year.
2. thinner or fatter? About the same?
3. richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel, write, get exercise, find a new job on my own terms.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Been unemployed, waste money, date.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I hosted my family Christmas. It was good stuff.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
I don’t spend much time on the phone. Mom, maybe? Overall, work people.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes and no.
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
None. Not my style, really.
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Hmm. Doctor Who, Torchwood, House, Bones…
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t think so.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I read a number of good ones. The pirate one, King John of Canada, Lullabies for Little Criminals, all the Christopher Moore, more Jasper Fforde…
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That sometimes I like opera?
28. What did you want and get?
A pet. A new car. A couch. A job.
29. What did you want and not get?
A dog. A job I loved. Fitness.
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Took myself to see Juno this afternoon. It definitely ranks.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32. We re-scheduled dinner because Andrew and I were sick at the time. Had some pho and got my Angel doll… There was other stuff that I can’t remember right now.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Writing a book. Looking forward to going to work every day.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Get by. Didn’t buy much, didn’t get too fancy. Spent the summer not working, so there were a lot of cargos and t-shirts.
34. What kept you sane?
My network. Sherry and Andrew. Anal retentive organization.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chris Daughtry, for a while at least.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I disagree with pretty much everything the American government gets up to. Not a fan of Harper’s, either.
37. Who did you miss?
Andrew. The guys I used to work with.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Trying to think of who I all met. Rose and Kate, certainly. Prolly a few other invisible internet peoples.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
This, too, shall pass.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Your eyes are closed, like you truly believe
You’re safe and sound with me.