Could someone kindly explain to me what it is the United Way ACTUALLY DOES?
Cuz, sweet fancy Moses on buttered toast, I was in Marketing during the dot-com, and even with synergy-leveraging experience, I’ve no idea what this is supposed to communicate:
MISSION AND VISION
To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities.
We will build a stronger America by mobilizing our communities to improve people’s lives.
To do this we will:
- Energize and inspire people to make a difference
- Craft human care agendas within and across our communities
- Build coalitions around these agendas
- Increase investments in these agendas by expanding and diversifying our own development efforts and supporting those of others
- Measure, communicate, and learn from the impact of our efforts
- Reflect the diversity of the communities we serve
(Ridiculousness courtesy of Rob, ex-co-worker and Work Husband Emeritus.)