Stolen from Dana, because I am too busy eating Mini Wheats to be original.
The Wikipedia Meme.
1. Type in your birthday (minus the year) in the search bar at Wikipedia.org.
2. List three interesting facts, two births, and one death that happened on your birthday.
1) 1184 BC – Trojan War: Troy was sacked and burned, according to the calculations of Eratosthenes.
2) 1770 – Captain James Cook runs aground on the Great Barrier Reef.
3) 1940 – World War II: Canada declares war on Italy.
1) 1572 – Ben Jonson, English dramatist (d. 1637)
2) 1959 – Hugh Laurie, English actor and comedian (it was a toss up between him and Jackie Stewart, because Stewart wears amazing pants, but Laurie won because I enjoy the outlandish implausibility of House).
And might I just say, holy birth date of artsy people and football players, Batman!
1) 1727 – King George I of Great Britain (b. 1668)
Please note that none of these events took place on the 12th of June. 🙂