On WNET, a while back, Dana started a little thing called “Bitching to the Internet”. When you were annoyed about something, or having a bad day, you could just write it up and send it to the list with that title, and we would all know that you were just clearing your head or uttering a virtual barbaris yawp, and no one had to try to solve anything or make you feel better, necessarily. It’s served us well. As has its yang posting: “Blessings to the Internet”, where we can crow about the good as well. Over time, they’ve largely morphed together, and we’ll keep each other apprised of our personal barometers with a “Bitchings & Blessings” post.
Well, as I may have mentioned, this has been one HELL of a year for me. But it’s almost over. And the last week or so has been awesome. The world isn’t perfect. People I care about aren’t necessarily having the best time. And there are still things I’d like to have happen or fall into place that haven’t. But things are good. So.
- My brother’s house is finished and on the market. It looks really good.
- My brother is going to be okay.
- I have time to myself to read books, run errands, do housecleaning, help out other friends, go to movies, etc.
- I am sleeping really well.
- Despite my hideous diet the last while, I haven’t gotten sick or gained weight.
- I have a job.
- I live with cool pets.
- Andrew and I are friends.
- I have really cool friends, none of whom are currently insane.
- Occasionally the men in my life communicate so that I have a clue what’s going on.
- Good wine.
- Enough money to take care of myself.
- Fishnet stockings.
- My parents cooler than those of anyone I know. (And who are more than happy to be shared with the less fortunate.)
- No one has yet broken beyond my ability to help fix.
- There are cool boys who like me.
- The Work Husband makes workdays fun.
- Good sex.
- Comfort that there are people out there who would take care of me if I needed it, but coupled with the confidence that I don’t think there’s anything I couldn’t deal with anymore.
- I am feeling alright in this skin.